Job Title: Recovery Support Services (RSS) Outreach Coordinator (Western North Carolina)
Organization: Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC) – Raleigh, NC 27603
APNC empowers our prevention, treatment, and recovery professionals to thrive in their practice. The unrelenting addiction epidemic and North Carolina’s evolving continuum of care require deliberate education and vigilant advocacy. APNC is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization, leading the movement to transform NC’s systems of care into a culture that promotes wellness for individuals with substance use disorder, their families, and their communities.
The American Society of Addiction Medicine released their strategic plan for 2018-21 in which they strengthen their focus on the full spectrum of substance use disorder system of care: prevention, treatment, remission, and recovery. Substance Use Disorder recovery means more than the absence of problematic alcohol and drug use from an otherwise unchanged life.
People experiencing substance use disorder have the potential to achieve enhanced recovery, beyond crisis stabilization and treatment initiation. With robust community-based recovery support services and opportunities to engage in higher education and pursue meaningful careers, people recovering from substance use disorder can experience full wellness and citizenship.
The Recovery Support Services (RSS) Outreach Coordinator will be tasked with building collaborative partnerships across interdisciplinary teams with stakeholders focused on promoting community-based recovery supports and opportunities for people living with substance use disorder in the western region of North Carolina.
· NC Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPSS)
· NC CPSS Trainer
· CART Recovery Coach Academy Alum
· CART Recovery Coach Academy Trainer
· FAVOR Recovery Community Messaging Trainer
· Strong knowledge of NC’s Prevention, Harm Reduction, Treatment, and Recovery Resources, especially in Western North Carolina.
· Excellent rapport with local law enforcement, EMS, addiction service providers, faith communities, criminal justice system workers, etc.
· Ability to establish rapport with youth experiencing substance use disorder
· Ability to be flexible to handle multiple and changing priorities
· Ability to work remotely
· Strong public speaking sills
· Authenticity, Passion, Perseverance
Job Type: Full-time 40 hours salaried / starts immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- 20% travel time
- After hours and weekend travel to conferences across NC
- Work remotely & has been living in Western NC
- Self-transportation for all duties (compensated)
Fully qualified applicants interested in this position, please email your resume and cover letter to ExecutiveDirector@APNC.org by 5:00 pm Friday, March 16, 2018.