The Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC) is a 501 (c) (6) organization representing the professional interests of the state’s substance use disorder treatment, prevention and research professionals. APNC is a rapidly expanding organization that serves as a leading voice in this field.
The Executive Director serves as senior operating officer, responsible for control and management of APNC operations. The Executive Director shall monitor current and long-term organizational goals; manage daily staff functions; nurture and maintain collaborative relationships at regional, state and national levels; work with the Board of Directors to ensure the growth and sustainability of the association. The Executive Director shall work in conjunction with the APNC Staff, Board of Directors, and other APNC contracted entities to carry on the work of APNC. The Executive Director shall be supervised by the organization’s Board of Director and shall be a non-voting officer of that body.
The ideal candidate for this job must be able to perform the following:
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Serve as chief operating officer for APNC
- Manage two full-time employees, and supervise the work of five additional contractors
- Oversee day-to-day operations to implement programs and policies of the APNC’s Board of Directors
- Coordinate with APNC President on meeting and retreat agendas.
- Attend all regular and special meetings of the APNC Board of Directors.
- Work with APNC’s volunteer President and Board of Directors to create board meeting and retreat agendas, hold regular board meetings, create timely reports, recommend
- Oversee and assist in the completion and filing of all required reports, returns, and information forms required by local, state, or federal governments
- Identify, cultivate and serve as principal catalyst for income and resource generation
- Develop, recruit and maintain organizational memberships
- Oversee planning of APNC’s two statewide conferences, including sponsorships and partners
- Oversee day to day financial operations, working in conjunction with Bookkeeper, Treasurer and Finance Committee
- Oversee workforce training and development efforts, including continuing education workshops, advocacy trainings and other professional development opportunities
PROFESSIONAL RELATIONS/CAPACITY BUILDING
- Provide support for the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Federation, including facilitating meetings, creating agendas, examining trend analysis, creating and disseminating meeting minutes and other duties.
- Serve as NC contact for the National Council for Behavioral Health and others, and recruit national speakers to NC for conferences, trainings, etc.
- Build relationships with allied organizations (NASW-NC, medical groups, etc.) to determine common goals for advocacy and training.
- Expand efforts as major contact/ resource for recovery communities like Recovery Communities of North Carolina (RCNC), Collegiate Recovery Programs and others.
- Work with leaders, policymakers and others to educate on substance use disorder policy
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization and, as needed, a spokesperson for the field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small, growing organizations (preferably associations).
- Grants management experience, preferably with government grants
- Interpersonal and supervision skills
- Ability to oversee all phases of recruiting and hiring for new positions
- Ability to grasp—and juggle–multiple complex tasks and programs
- Strong organizational skills, vision and diplomacy
- Knowledge of North Carolina’s policy landscape and the ability to navigate it as needed
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Ability to manage staff, including those working remotely
- A passion for working with professionals committed to preventing and treating substance use disorder
- Ability to understand, interpret and effectively oversee budgets, financial reports and financial positioning
- Ability to travel as needed
Career Level: Executive
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $50,000- $70,000 based on experience. APNC offers a full range of benefits.
How to Apply: Email cover letter and resume to: Applications@APNC.org.
Deadline: August 1, 2017