APNC invites who individually, or in cooperation with their agency, are planning 2013 September Recovery Month events to apply for seed money grants. Each of the four APNC Regions will have up to $1200.00 to distribute to help fund activities as requested by members in that region. Since 2009 we provided seed money to fund or partially fund thirty-four events with grants ranging from $250.00-$1000.00.
The awards may go towards one large Regional Event, but preferably would take the form of several community events across a region, typically in the $250-$500 range. Awards may go to events already being planned, or may incentivize groups to plan an event.
The only requirements are that the grant request:
- Be endorsed by a current member of APNC (as of June 1, 2013).
- Demonstrate how the event will incorporate SAMSHA September Recovery Month ideas. (To learn more about those ideas, visit the SAMHSA Recovery Month site at www.recoverymonth.gov.)
- Explain how APNC will be promoted (through advertising, at the event, etc.)
- Incorporate the entire community. (We are looking for events focused on community involvement instead of simply one organization.)
- Provide APNC with a photograph and a brief description of the event immediately after its conclusion to be used in the APNC Newsletter or on our web site.
If interested, please click here for the NC 2013 Recovery Month Grant Application. Deadline is 2 PM Monday, July 15. For more information contact us at APNC@Juno.com or 1-800-723-4851.