The Administrative Procedures Oversight Committee voted this afternoon to DELAY further consideration of the proposal calling for merging NCSAPPB with the LPC Board. This means three things:
- Your calls and letters WORKED! The public outcry over this proposal, as shown by hundreds of calls, emails and letters to legislators, made the difference.
- The committee delay will last until at least the end of the short session, which begins at the end of this month and usually lasts a couple of months.
- This issue will likely come back up. We don’t know when, but we know that the forces interested in consolidating this and other licensing boards will try again.
We urge you to reach back out to the committee members and THANK them for voting to allow time for additional discussion of this bill and study of its implications.
- Rep. Jonathan Jordan Ashe, Watauga 919-733-7727 Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net
- Sen. Fletcher Hartsell Cabarrus, Union 919-733-7223
- Rep. Sarah Stevens Surry, Wilkes 919-715-1883 Sarah.email@example.com
- Rep. Rob Bryan Mecklenburg 919-733-5607 Rob.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Jeff Collins Nash, Franklin 919-733-5802 Jeff.email@example.com
- Rep. Elmer Floyd Cumberland 919-733-5959 Elmer.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Jon Hardister Guilford 919-733-5191 Jon.email@example.com
- Rep. Darren Jackson Wake 919-733-5974 Darren.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Ken Waddell Bladen, Columbus, Robeson 919-733-5821 Ken.email@example.com
- Sen. Tamara Barringer Wake 919-733-5653 Tamara.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Dan Blue Wake 919-733-5752 Dan.email@example.com
- Sen. Warren Daniel Burke, Cleveland 919-715-7823 Warren.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Brent Jackson Duplin, Johnston, Sampson 919-733-5705 Brent.email@example.com
- Sen. Jeff Jackson Mecklenburg 919-715-8331 Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sen. Gladys Robinson Guilford 919-715-3042 Gladys.email@example.com
- Sen. Andy Wells Alexander, Catawba 919-733-5876 Andy.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC) promises to keep you informed about any additional action on this issue and other issues affecting our profession.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions at (919) 606-7584 or email me at email@example.com
Addiction Professionals of North Carolina